Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
So...I've fallen through the rabbit hole
Heart 
Hi everyone

Forgive me if this is the wrong place to make introductions but I'm new to the Lindbergh story and wanted to connect with likeminded parties who share a common interest in the case.

A few months ago I was wandering around a charity shop (thrift store) and came accross an old book that took grabbed my attention. It just happened to be "In search of the Linbergh Baby"  by Theon Wright and I was hooked staright away. This led, I'm sure quite naturally to Scaduto and "Scapegoat" followed by "Crime of the Century" by Monier and Ahlgren. 

I've also bought hard copies of "Kidnap" by Waller and a nice 2nd edition copy of "The Linbergh Crime"  by Whipple. I have a decent PDF rendering of "Hafsie tells all" but am going tobuy a hard copy for Christmas (if you've seen the prices of a copy, you'll apreciate why its a Xmas present lol)

My current reading is all 3 volumes of the Fleminton trial. Only on the opening statements and can already tell Wilentz was fine with fabricating evidence and facts.

As you can see I'm all in at this point. If anyone has any advice or guidance for a newcomer I'd be glad to hear it. My developing theory is that Jafsie and his family played a much larger role in what happened, whether in a calculated attempt to extort monies from Lindbergh or going as far as executing the "kidnap" itself.

In any case, I'm enjoying the journey and am pleased to make your acquaintance

Best wishes

Jim Smith
Nottingham, England